Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've Decided to be Happy!

“I have decided to be happy;
it is excellent for one’s health!”
—Voltaire

I came across this quote today, and I have to say - I LOVE IT. It is good for your health to be happy. As a nurse, I can state this as a fact. And, I truly believe that happiness is a choice. So, I've come up with the following list of reasons that I have to be happy today (and every day). Hopefully in sharing them, I'll spark some realizations of why you should be happy too!

  • I have a husband that is my best friend, who I love very much.
  • I have a beautiful little daughter who makes me smile everyday.
  • I went on a nice walk today with my family in the cool weather.
  • I have a comfortable home to live in, where I feel safe and loved.
  • I have been reading some interesting and fun books. (Check out my Goodreads page).
  • I have pretty good health. Again, as a nurse, I truly appreciate what a blessing this is.
  • I have the opportunity to work with the teenage girls at my church, whom I love and am inspired by.
  • I have great friends that I know I can rely on and trust.
  • My husband and I are both able to work from home together.
  • I had delicous homemade chicken soup for dinner.
  • I'm going to see my mom this weekend.
  • My daughter has slept through the night since she was 3 months old.
  • Chocolate - need I say more?  



2 comments:

  1. Loved this roundup! Makes a huge difference on the day-to-day when one chooses to see the positive! I get crazy when I'm surrounded by others nattering on and on about all the things to complain about. I simply choose not to and just vent every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts. I read and appreciate every comment.