Thursday, September 19, 2013

When Life Happens

I wish I had time to write everyday (or even every week, for that matter). Sometimes, I'm in a groove and I get lots of writing done day after day. Then ruts (like the one I'm just getting out of) happen. Or rather, life happens. I haven't written anything - blog or book - in over a month. It's not that I don't have anything to write or desire to write. It's that I have a full life to live on top of my love of writing.

So, since I last blogged, I've been camping with a toddler (call me crazy), said good-bye to a nephew for 2 years as he heads off to Japan on a mission, found out I'm having another girl (Yes, I'm pregnant! Due in January). Oh, yeah, and I'm pregnant so I'm tired. I'm beta reading a book for another author. And then, there's simply trying to keep up with all the odds and ends of running a house and being a responsible parent and adult. Just thinking about it is making me tired.

Fortunately, I'm pretty well caught up on life for now and can put things back in some degree of balance, making a little time for writing. First off, I'm back on my blog, yea! And, I'm getting back to work on IN AN INSTANT. I have a draft of the synopsis written, and will be getting that critiqued soon. I'm also finishing up some last minute touch-ups to the manuscript based on feedback I've received from beta readers. My query letter has been done for months, so I just need to brush it off and make sure I'm still happy with it.

First goal: Start querying literary agents by the end of October, at the latest.

Second goal:  Blog more often. It's no fun having a blog if I never post to it.

Here's to life staying balanced and keeping a little time for writing in the mix!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts. I read and appreciate every comment.