Monday, May 27, 2013

Friends Life Forever in Our Hearts - Poem

This is a poem that I wrote when I was 14 years old an had recently moved away from many dear friends. I wanted to share it now, because I think it's something that is always true no matter how old you are, where you live, or how many friends you've said goodbye to over the course of your life.

Friends Live Forever in Our Hearts

Poem and Illustration
by Melanie James

Sometimes life presents a rocky road,
A path not easy to take.
And I am forced upon this road
With no other choice to make.

When life seems hard to face
And I feel there’s nothing more,
I think of a warm embrace
From a friend which I adore.

This friend and I parted long ago,
But in heart they are still near
Which gives me strength to go,
And I know I never need fear.

Whenever I feel like giving in,
I remember the good things
And always find a reason to grin
And feel better about what life brings.

Friendship is reaching for a hand
And touching a heart.
Friends hold your heart and hand
Whether together or apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts. I read and appreciate every comment.