Friday, February 22, 2013

My Favorite Baby/Children's Books

I've mentioned before that I have a one-year-old daughter named Allie. She is a HUGE fan of books, which is awesome! She'll sometimes sit in her rocking chair pulling books off the nearby shelf to look at for half-an-hour at a time. I love reading with her, even though it's a departure from my usual literary standards.

Here is a list of my favorite books to read with Allie (in no particular order). I'd love to know what books you like to read with your little ones, as I'm always on the lookout for new books for my little bookworm.

No Matter What by Debi Gliori - This is a sweet book about the enduring nature of love a parent has for their child.

 

 I Love You All Year Long by Steve Metzger - Love endures through every season and the fun and special activities of those times.


That's Not My Monster by Fiona Watt - A touch-and-feel book where each monster isn't quite right "eyebrows too hairy" or "paws too bumpy" until finally, the little mouse finds HIS monster and "It's ears are so fluffy."


Where's My Teddy by Jez Alborough - This is an adorable book I actually memorized as a teenager because it was just so fun. Eddy's looking for his teddy in the woods, only to discover a real bear who is also frightened and looking for his own teddy.


I'm Not Sleepy by Jonathan Allen - This little owl can barely stay awake, every parent that has seen their child fight sleep will understand and relate.


Thank You Bear by Greg Foley - A perfect book for anyone who has ever had something truly great, even if those around them didn't see as much value in it.


Henry Babysits by Robert Quackenbush - A cute book about a favor to babysit that keeps snowballing out of control.


With You All the Way by Max Lucado - A meaningful allegory about how God is "with us all the way" if we ask him to travel with us.


But Not the Hippopotamus by Sandra Boynton - I never expected to have a favorite board book author, but I do, and it is Sandra Boynton. All of her books are really cute and cleaver. This one is really probably my favorite.


It's a Little Book by Lane Smith - A cute little story about all the potential uses of a book if you didn't know what a book was for.


Good Work, Amelia Bedilia by Peggy Parish and Lynn Sweat - Amelia Bedilia is a maid who takes everything completely literally, making for hilarious events.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list! I'll have to try some of these with my kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 boys they have all loved Giraffes Can't Dance, Peepo, Each Peach Pear Plum and the classic Dear Zoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to share your thoughts. I read and appreciate every comment.